Friday, April 5, 2013

My Pinterest inspiration for Easter
 
I saw the cutest candy jar idea and "tried to copy" or at least add my own twist to it. 
 
 
My idea was to create a "jibby" jar.  Jibbies are what Dominic calls little trinkets.  I decided to make one for Dominic and his cousins Jaxon, Mason and Austin.  First stop Michaels for the supplies
 
 
I glue gunned the letters to the top of the jars to "personalize" them.
 

 
Found the cutest little cans of spray paint at Home Depot about a dollar cheaper then at Michaels.  Had to give the tops a few coats over a few days to make them completely covered.
 
 
I then purchased the "jibbie" candy goodies to go inside.  I was so excited to find edible Easter grass but, I tried it and .... its gross but, never know with kids they might like it :)
 
 
The final product. 
 
Also here are the cupcakes I made :) The kids did ask if the nests were "to eat" I said they could try. lol
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment